I wanted to do a couple more posts on the CSTUY summer program SHIP, particularly about getting funding and reflections but I think I'll just wrap things up with the school year starting.
Overall it was an amazing success and I'm amazingly proud of the entire team (in no particular order):
Devorah, JonAlf, Sam, Yulia, Topher, Ethan, Leslie, Brian, Andreas, Natan, Miranda, Nadia, Fawn, Lise, Jessica, Angela, Benedict, Elise, Fish, and Derek.
and also proud of all the shipmates. Looking at where they started and where they ended up – they were really terrific.
The only downside is knowing what we can accomplish when we have the freedom, it reminds me about how badly we're handcuffed by our school and the department of education.
Here are links to all the posts in case anyone's interested:
- Preparing to launch - Some overall stats that we started with.
- The Stewards - How older students mentored younger ones.
- The Guests Stars - Guest speakers to inspire the kids.
- Outreach - Some of the challenges in finding the kids.
- Toolset - What language should we use?
- Demo Day - What the TA's built.
- Outcomes - And the overall results.
- Partners - We couldn't have done this without St. Josephs
- The Crew - And the best teaching crew in the business.